Pursuant to Swinomish Tribal Code Title 2 Tribal Government, Chapter 1 – Elections Section .120(A)(4), the Election Board announces the availability of Petitions for Nomination. Petitions will be available from the Election Officer beginning Monday, October 19, 2020.
- Senate Seat 3 – Brian Porter, Incumbent
- Senate Seat 4 – Kevin Paul, Incumbent
- Senate Seat 5 – Joseph Williams, Incumbent
The Swinomish Senate, having declared a Public Health Emergency in light of the rapidly spreading COVID-19 virus and potential threat to the Swinomish community (Resolution 2020-03-042), instituted a COVID-19 Stay Home Order (Resolution 2020-04-073) that was applicable to all Swinomish Tribal Members, residents, and businesses of the Swinomish Reservation and Tribal employees. Recognizing that COVID-19 still presents a potential threat to the community, the Senate passed Resolution 2020-09-177 that authorizes COVID-19 election safety policies and procedures for the 2020-2021 Swinomish Senate Candidate Nomination Process.
The COVID-19 election safety procedures are as follows:
- In order to obtain a Petition for Nomination, a Potential Candidate shall make an appointment with the Election Officer, or her designee.
- The Election Officer, or her designee, is permitted to accept payment of the Candidate fee and provide it to the Swinomish Accounting department.
- In order to submit a Petition for Nomination, a Potential Candidate shall make an appointment to turn in Petition for Nomination and accompanying paperwork with the Election Officer, or her designee, by the Closing Date.
All other Policies and Procedures in STC 2-01 remain in place.
Please contact the Election Officer with questions about this process, or to schedule an appointment. The Election Officer, Wendy Otto, can be reached at (360) 466-1134, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.Download notice