With over 40 committees to cover the numerous subject matters of tribal governance here at Swinomish, there are many opportunities for you to make an impact and a difference in our community. Are you ready and interested in getting involved?
- To help inform your decision as to which committee you are interested in applying for, committee information and open positions will be listed on this page.
- The application period for committee appointments closes 10 days following the position posting date.
- The Swinomish Senate determines appointments. They consider qualities including life and industry-related experience, responsibility, integrity, judgment, and understanding of tribal goals in their selections.
- Appointed applicants are notified by email or phone call. Applicants who are not selected to serve will also receive notification via email or phone call.
- Committee appointments are valid for one year. Members are eligible for reappointment based on an annual evaluation of meeting attendance, participation, overall contribution, and subject matter knowledge. Unfilled positions left open by those who are not reappointed will be posted on this page.
- Committee openings may occur for various reasons throughout the year. In the event of vacancies, the Senate will consider applications on file as well as post the open position on this page. If you are appointed mid-year, your term may be shorter depending on reappointments.
You must be at least 21 years of age and a Swinomish member, staff, or have proven affiliation with the Swinomish Tribe to apply.
How to Apply
You can download an application here (insert link) or request one by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your completed application to Jennifer LaPointe in the Administration Building or by emailing to: email@example.com.